Thursday 13 June 2013

Picam down.. again

Well, it failed a couple of weeks ago, as you might of noticed from the images in the previous post.. ( ie its not updated )

This time the failure was total, so I suspect internet, or power failure.

Couldnt get to the club for a bit, and when I did the weather was too good... ( completed 500km of  600km flight that day ! :) ).

Anyway, managed it last weekend, and discovered that the RPi was 'dead'.. it still had power, on boot up, it just freezes, no network connection, in fact nothing other than the red light.. ahh, thats why I couldnt connect to it over the Lan then..

Re-installed the old axis webcams as a temporary fix, ( but boy do they look pants in comparison ), and took the pi home..





Investigation showed the RPi to be fine, so its the memory card...

I thought it might be full again, but putting it into one of my other PCs, I couldnt see the main partition at all. GParted showed it as being corrupt, or unreadable, although the boot partition was fine.

Anyway, I dont have unlimited time, so thought I'd just use a fresh SD card, and a reinstall.


That only took a few hours, and this time I've improved it by adding an email daemon, so that the RPi will email me daily with a log report, ip address, disk usage etc, so next time it starts to play up I'll have advance notice, and I might be able to get to the bottom of the missing daytime images.

Links on the right for setting up the email daemon, hope to have the Picams installed next time I'ma t the club, tho that might no be this weekend as the weather looks pants :(

No comments:

Post a Comment